UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson out of ICU amid COVID-19 battle

16
9.2

Published -

Boris Johnson out of ICU.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson released from ICU, moved to hospital ward.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been discharged from intensive care amid his battle with COVID-19. Johnson had been admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) on April 6, 2020, after his condition had worsened. However, according to a statement released by Downing Street, Johnson has now left the ICU and is receiving “close monitoring” in the hospital’s general ward.

The statement released by Downing Street on April 9, 2020, said, “The Prime Minister has been moved this evening from intensive care back to the ward, where he will receive close monitoring during the early phase of his recovery.”

The news of Johnson’s admission to the ICU had come as a shock to the people of the UK, given the significance and power of his role as the Prime Minister. The move also led to widespread concerns over his health and questions about the UK government’s strategy in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.

Since his diagnosis with COVID-19, Johnson had been self-isolating and working from home. Despite this, his condition had not improved, and he was admitted to St. Thomas’ Hospital in London on April 5, 2020.

The decision to move Johnson to the ICU was taken as a precaution, in case his condition deteriorated further. However, this move further fuelled speculation and concern for the Prime Minister’s health as the world watched closely.

The UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is currently deputising for Johnson, had provided the latest update on the Prime Minister’s condition on April 7, 2020. At that time, Raab had said that Johnson was “in good spirits” and was responding to treatment.

In the days following his admission to the ICU, Johnson continued to receive treatment and was kept under close observation. His discharge from the ICU has been welcomed by many, including opposition leader Keir Starmer, who tweeted, “Great to hear news Boris Johnson has left intensive care. I hope he’s back in Downing Street soon.”

The exact timeline for Johnson’s return to work or discharge from hospital remains uncertain. However, his discharge from the ICU serves as positive news for the UK and the global community amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It also highlights the hard work and dedication of the medical professionals working to combat the virus.

In conclusion, the release of Boris Johnson from intensive care amid his battle with COVID-19 is a positive development for the UK and the world at large. Though it remains to be seen when he will fully recover, his departure from intensive care is a sign of hope and progress in the fight against the pandemic.

9.2 Total Score

User Rating: 4.62 (26 votes)
Advanced Search Options
InfoSearched | News Research & Information
Logo